Wednesday, September 09, 2009


Scorpio Characteristics: Emotional, Private, Compassionate,Self-Critical,Moody,Sensual..Yeah I'm pretty sure I was born correctly as a Scorpio


(8/31)
How does someone ever make it right? Will I ever feel the same way about this person? There are very few people that I really become close to in life. I mean don't get me wrong I have lots of friends. But the sad part is that they may think they know me, but honestly they don't have the slightest idea about me or my life. I carefully chose who I let in and most of the time I chose correctly. I know ya'll must be thinking what deep dark secret does this girl have?? Well there are a few things that I am just not proud of, and no I am not discussing them here, maybe one day. Nothing horrific like murder or mayhem, just things that show my life wasn't always perfect. It still isn't perfect, but boy I sure have came a long way. I kinda wiped the slate clean when I moved from North Carolina to Missouri.

Recently I trusted someone to keep a secret, it wasn't anything too personal. I got some really good news at work, but I was told I couldn't discuss the news until later. Well I was just absolutely delighted, and I tried really hard to hold it in. A week went past and she asked me about it along with tons of other people and finally I just broke and swore her to secrecy. What a huge mistake. She promised she wouldn't say anything. So a couple more days after I broke my silence go by and still no announcement has been made of my news, and quite frankly I am getting tired of telling people no I haven't heard anything when in fact yes I have and the news is quite good, but thanks to management I cant share my wonderful news so stop asking me questions I cant answer. I still haven't told anyone else though because I am nervous enough just knowing that I have told that one person.

So she is discussing my news with her cubical mate and he is also someone who has applied for the same position that I have. Well that just complicates matters worse. Not only has she broken my trust, but she is talking about this to someone who could seriously get me in me major hot water. I could lose my new job faster than I got it. So of course he gets upset and goes to talk to his supervisor and wants to know what is going on with the job. WHAT THE F! Now I have to smooth things over with him and stroke his ego, something I don't even do with my own husband. Which I did, and everything turned ok. Well everything except for my ego.

She sends me a text message over the weekend and asks if I am mad at her. To which I reply that I am upset that I can no longer trust her. I expected her to just keep her mouth shut no matter what anyone said to her. Play dumb, nod and smile...whatever...you promised, you swore to secrecy.

I still cant talk about this in full detail because there still has been no damn announcement at work! 2 weeks, I am losing my patience. This sure was a lot to ask of someone. You publicly announce the job posting. Everyone knows there has been interviews, people have been told they did not get the position and 2 people have been told something, but they cant talk about it. Rumors have been spreading like wild fires in California. I am out of things to tell people. I am just going with I cant talk about it right now. Which just makes people talk. I was trying to totally avoid that in the beginning by just saying no I hadn't heard anything, but now I just give up.

(9/9)
Finally my new promotion has been announced! I could not be happier to be in more of a leadership role at work. I am finally getting paid for the job that I have been doing for the last year, which is problem solving, help desk calls and going above and beyond what is expected. I do have to wait for someone to be trained to take my place before I can officially start, but my increase in pay has started even though I am not able to start my new duties.

Of course there has been a bit of drama with this promotion from my fellow co-workers because this job wasn't posted. Remember I talked about the job I applied for didn't have the greatest hours, 4 days a week 10 hour shifts. Well I actually got a better job. When I accepted the position I knew there would be some tongue in cheek remarks and not everyone would be happy for my success, but that is okay. I know that I earned the job based on my merit, or I would not have presented with the better position.

I am also starting to talk to my friend again. I may not start trusting her with my inner most secrets, but I could tell she was truly sorry. Hopefully she has learned when to keep her mouth shut from now on. I do care about her and would hate to see our friendship be over.


5 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    my ex wife was born Nov 4th also a scorpio uh oh:)

    William:)
    FIGHTER said...
    sorry you had to deal with that but i learned in life that their is no such thing as a secret....really think about it...
    WinnyNinny PooPoo said...
    Great news of the promotion! It's fantastic when your hard work and dedication is noticed and rewarded. It's even more great when you have done this struggling with migraines! Don't let the office politics take away from this accomplishment.
    Maureen Hayes said...
    I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my post and let you know I have added you to my blogroll. I think you have some really important things to say and I appreciate your input.
    Nicole said...
    Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I appreciate them all.

Post a Comment